Maybe we just don't know!

"Give it to me."
"No!"
"Why won't you give it to me?" 
"Because I don't trust you!"

Often, we have this conversation with God without realizing it. Maybe we wouldn't say those words -those faithless words- with our mouth, but we most certainly live it every day, and our hearts are unwilling to let go.

I don't know how many times I've found myself on my knees,  praying through something big -something hard- and He says, "Give it to Me." My instinct is to say, "No!"

Quickly, He asks, "Where is your faith? Don't you trust Me?" And I am left speechless...



Maybe the reason we don't trust Him is because we don't understand who He is, or what He has already done.  We don't see His hand in our lives, because perhaps we just aren't looking. If you are a child of God, you can be sure He hasn't left you!

Maybe we just don't understand the Savior and what He has done. The same Jesus that lived on this earth some 2,000 years ago was with God when He created the earth. Jesus made a stunning remark one day; "Before Abraham was, I AM." (John 8:58)

It says in Colossians that Christ existed before creation (1:15) and that God created everything in heaven and on earth through Christ (1:16). It also says that Christ is first, He is the One who reconciles us to God and gives us peace with God. (1:18, 20) He is the One who holds everything together! (1:17)

Why don't we trust Him? Do we really know God? If we did, don't you think we would trust Him?

He is the One who holds all creation in His hands, who planned out our lives from the beginning, who knows all that will happen before it happens, who cares about each person on the planet earth, who gave His Son's life so that He could have ours, whose love cannot be measured, whose grace is unfathomable, whose power is immense, whose justice is perfect, whose glory is matchless, who gives bread to the hungry, who fills the longing soul with good things, who would go to all the ends of the earth to win our affection, who never will let us go, whose hand of blessing is upon us, whose Spirit is within us, whose holiness is incomprehensible, who is drawn to the lowly, who uses the foolish and the weak, who takes those who are nothing and uses them to bring to nothing those who are, who gives power to the powerless, who answers the cries of the helpless, who gives every good and precious gift to His children.....

...and I could go on and ON....

....How can we not trust Him???? 


Comments

Mary M said…
Like!!! This reminds me of what we learned at Journey, and the special, freeing time we had when we gave everything to Jesus. :)
I love and miss you Sandie!!!

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure