About WHO?

This morning, as I spent my time alone with God, I sat in the van, doors shut, sun rising over the horizon, starting to warm up the place where I sat. One question seemed to dominate my thoughts...

How do I know I'm useful in God's opinion? 

For the past 24 hours, a feeling had been threatening to dominate my actions. "I don't really matter in the bigger scheme of things." That's how I felt, and I knew that there was only one place this lie could melt away. That would be in God's presence. So, here I was, sitting in the car before God, asking Him my question, waiting for an answer. 

I knew that whatever God gives me to do is important. Nothing can change that. But, for some reason, I felt unseen, unimportant to everyone else. 

As I opened up my bible to search for His answer to my question, my eye fell upon several different verses that talked about Jesus. 


I have been "...united... with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Him to be wisdom itself...." (1 Cor. 1:30) 

And then I started to pray Col. 1:15-20 back to Jesus. 

"Jesus, You are the visible image of the invisible God. You existed before anything was created and are supreme over all creation... You existed before anything else and hold all creation together... Through you God reconciled me to Himself, He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of YOUR blood on the cross...." 

All of a sudden it hit me. IT'S NOT ABOUT ME, IT'S ABOUT JESUS!!!!! 

I don't need to change me to become more useful to God. JESUS makes the difference in my life! He is the one its all about. I am not the one I am to live for, JESUS is! 

Ah, what Jesus did was incredible....

I was once his enemy, "separated from Him by [my] evil thoughts and actions. Yet now He has reconciled [me] to Himself through the death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought [me] into His own presence and [I am] holy and blameless as [I] stand before Him without a single fault." (Col. 1:21-22)

Wow! What an amazing thing Jesus has done. Christians, if we aren't living life for Him, then we are missing the point...

When we are tools in His hands, we are useful, but it is because HE makes us so, and HE gets the glory for such works that HE chooses to do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure