The Choice we all Have to Make


We all, as children of our heavenly Father, have a choice every day...
"'Listen to Me, O my people, while I give you stern warnings. O Israel, if you would only listen to Me! You must never have a foreign god; you must not bow down before a false god. For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.'" -Ps. 81:8-10

Do we ever stop to think that God is a jealous God? He loves us so much that when we forsake Him for a false god, He burns with jealousy and is deeply grieved. He wants us so badly to give our whole hearts to Him that He sternly warns us, "Please, please do not bow down to a false god!"


You see, when we do that, He cannot fill us with good things. He cannot rescue us from our enemies, because, when we worship a false god -"anything that might take the place of God in our lives" (1 John 5:21)- it is like we have chosen the enemy's side.

The next part in Psalm 81 gives us a glimpse into God's heart for us when we forsake Him for another:
"'But no, my people wouldn't listen. Israel did not want Me around. So I let them follow their own stubborn desires, living according to their own ideas. Oh, that my people would listen to Me! Oh, that Israel would follow Me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would subdue their enemies! How soon my hands would be upon their foes! Those who hate the LORD would cringe before Him; they would be doomed forever. But I would feed you with the finest wheat. I would satisfy you with wild honey from the rock.'" -Vs. 11-16 (Emphasis added) 

We have this choice: Give up all those idols, listen to God's voice, follow in His path (self-denial), and look to God alone for our everything, and have God fight the battle for us, or worship those idols, follow our own stubborn desires, ignore God's voice, and be defeated by the enemy of our souls.

...Which do you choose?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure