Heart to Heart

Ok, so its been a while since I last wrote on here. I must say, much has gone on since that last post. God has done much. Many lives have been touched by His great grace and unending love. There have been times when I've felt like crying for joy as I watched Him reach through my feeble life and touch some person's hurting heart. You know, God is so capable of binding up broken hearts!

Recently, I was feeling cold and weary. Empty of goodness, because I had passed it on to all and forgotten to get "refills" from God, I struggled to find rest in His presence, but it would not come. I went to pray, and couldn't form my feelings into sentences.

Finally, I sat down on my bed, got my journal out and wrote a letter to God, expressing exactly how I felt. Finally, the words came. Crying, I confessed to God the coldness towards Him that were painful to put into words. Then, life was breathed into my soul that had been slowly seeping out. 

God's love began to wash over me in that moment of time. His grace was given. My love and passion for Him was renewed.

Do you feel like nobody understands you? His presence is the place to go. David often poured out his heart to God on paper. Read the Psalms. They show a man who's heart is often hurting, but is not afraid to tell God about it.

Go to God and let Him breathe life into you!


Comments

Phia said…
O Sandra, this is so lovely - the way that God renews His Spirit in us. <3 Inconceivably glad that you're jolly self is returned!
Monique said…
Sandie, we havent met,but I met Laurie in Melbourne,when the APJ team came over to Aussie land :) in January.. I came across your blog a few months or so ago,but i never wanted to comment,cos i thought its kinda weird commenting on someones blog of whom you have never met :D But.. Thank you for this very timely post! Very much encouraged today to keep close to the Lord! ~Monique

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure