He gives MORE grace


Seasons of great need - how easily we shun them like the plague. 

The past several weeks have been drenched in many challenges and needs for me and my family. 


Need that has had me crying out to God, “how long?” 


I beg him for a time limit, some light at the end of the tunnel, but when I look for it, I just see more tunnel. 


What is the purpose of a season like this? 


This is the question I have found myself asking God on a near daily basis. 


I won’t say I’ve found out the fullness of the answer yet, but pressing the question so much has yielded some light for me. 


After all, He promises that those who seek will find. 


And one thing He keeps pressing into my soul is this: 


My need is my opportunity to test the limits I think God has on the amount of grace He will give me. 


And oh, if I could recount to you all the ways He has already poured so much grace, you would think me a spoiled daughter of the King. 


But if you saw how each day, I awaken to fresh new needs that have me stumbling out of my bed and into the day, wondering how I will make it through yet another day, you would understand how, despite the grace He gave yesterday, I need more. 


But He does indeed give more grace. 


Often, it is to my surprise. 


What little faith I have to think that He wouldn’t give more grace! 


But we are so conditioned to believe that goodness always comes at a cost. 


So we receive a little grace- perhaps what we think is our due- and then look elsewhere to see if we can find help. 


But God… let me tell you about Him! 


He is not limited like us. 


He will always lavish more grace on a needy soul who comes back for more. 


He will give as much as you will take.


Those boundaries you imagine Him to have on the amount of grace He will lavish on you if you ask -test them, and you will see that they’re not there. 


For as limitless as He is, as eternally loving and endlessly gracious, He is always ready to pour more and more of His grace on one needy soul as often as they will look to Him for help… and not just a little bit, but in abundance. 


How do I know? He said so -AND He is keeping His word to this needy child of His. ❤️


P.S. His grace comes in many forms- sometimes in the form of others being His hands and feet to you- which is humbling and beautiful all at once. So thankful for His people who surround, serve and encourage us. We are stronger because of you! 


“But He gives more grace. Therefore He says, ‘God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.’” (James 4:6) 


“…’My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.’ …. Therefore I take pleasure in… needs… for when I am weak, then I am strong.” (1 Corinthians 12:9-10) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

Living out of His pleasure