The Feeling of Our Infirmities...

"For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities..." (Heb. 4:15)

When I do not understand myself, Jesus still understands me.
When I am hurt, He longs to heal me.
When I am at a loss for words, He sees my heart and knows what I am thinking.
When I feel fear, He seeks to show me that He is protecting me.
When I can't walk any farther, He steadies me, takes me by the hand, and leads me.
When I fall, He picks me up.
When my soul is dying of thirst, He seeks to satisfy me.
When I am hungry, He fills me with His goodness.
When I feel lost and don't know what to do, He lights up my pathway and shows me His wisdom.
When everything around me is falling to pieces, He is my Rock, in whom I can trust.
When my soul is at war and there seems to be no rest, He is my Hiding Place, my Song in the night, offering sweet peace...
When I feel confused and cannot wrap my mind around the situations in my life, He is there, the Author of Order, the Light in my darkness, seeking to comfort me.
When my hope is all gone, He gently comes beside me and shows me He is my hope and there is none other.
When I feel all alone, even then, He is there beside me, encircling me in His presence, placing His hand of blessing on my head.
When my life never seems to tire of dealing blow after blow of discouragement, He never leaves my side, never gives up on me, and never stops offering His words of encouragement that He knows I need.
When I cannot stop from weeping, He weeps with me, He understands why I hurt, He holds me close to His heart as a Shepherd carries a lamb.
When I feel there is no purpose, no point anymore, He gently reminds me that He makes no mistakes, that all things work together for good, and that I am indeed called according to His purpose. His heart for me is good and only good....

No, dear Christian, our High Priest is not like any other, for He knows us, and His heart is for us, and He chooses never to leave us or to stop encouraging us! We have no one who is more reliable, unchangeable, full of mercy and grace, than Him! He is the one who is constantly making intercession for us, for He knows our weakness, because He too was here on this earth, experiencing all of the same pain, all of the same hurts, all the same temptations as we experience, and yet He did not sin.

Let us trust Him wholeheartedly, because it is He alone that will never change and never fail us. Oh, what a kind Savior we have and are privileged to know!
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face; and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."  (Hymn: Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure