Living for Christ Alone

I need to tell you about the title of this blog. Partly because I have forgotten about it and just noticed afresh what it's called.

"What, you forgot the name of your blog?" you ask. Well, yes... and no.

I just forgot what it means to me, what it ought to mean every time I wake up in the morning, when I lie down at night.... what it ought to mean all the time.

First, living for Christ alone means exactly that. So this should not take too long to explain. :)

Living: In other words, not being in a dead, un-moving state. It's growing. It's walking. It's being. Being everything you are meant to be. Are you alive? If you're not, do you want to be?

For Christ: I'm alive because of one person. I wake up and breathe in the morning because of one person. I get up and and walk about all day long, sit at my laptop to write at times, work, eat, and everything else because of one person.

Without Him I'd be lifeless. My life would be static. You would look at me and see death. You would look at me and see hopelessness. But it's not hopeless. I have Jesus Christ.

Without him, I'm prone to failure. Without him, I'm prone to depression and defeat. My life is pointless without him. Why bother living if Jesus isn't alive? All the hope I've ever found in my short lifetime has been found in Him. Do you have hope? 

Alone: That means that nobody/nothing else competes with him to get my attention. They don't come close to meeting my needs like He does, so why should I let them control my life?

There's nothing in this world that can promise hope, help, strength, joy, peace, etc. like He can. I mean, come on! He's the one who rose from the dead!

There's nowhere else to go to get purpose that lasts for eternity. Look at Him! He died (one of the most hopeless circumstances) and then proved death powerless by rising again (proving that even the most hopeless situations can turn out for good)!

Then, He says to me, "I go to prepare a place for you. While I prepare, you gather more people to come to live with me by sharing with them the good news of my salvation! I send my Spirit to live and move in and through you on this earth.We'll celebrate together in heaven after all the work is done! I will reward you for serving me!" (John 14-16)

Living life for Christ alone means just that. He awaits my arrival in heaven with great anticipation while he shows himself powerful and strong in many wonderful ways here on earth through me.

He grants rest in the work, because only in Him is the real work accomplished. He gives joy in the suffering, because only in His pleasure is the suffering worthwhile. One day, we can look into His eyes and see His smile, and know that all along this life was worth the living just because He lives.

Because of Him, every moment has a point. No matter what.

Man may ridicule this. That's ok. Jesus was ridiculed too. Are you living for Christ alone?

"Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the Father." (Hebrews 12:2)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure