It's A Promise!

Well hello there, dear readers! After several months of travelling, moving out of our old home, renovating another one, and then finally moving into our new house (this past weekend), I finally have found some time to write. :)

Lately God has been reminding me again and again of His promise that "ALL things work together for good to those who love Him and are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) ...Not just some things, ALL things.

"Do you believe that, Sandie?" He gently asks me.
There are days when I cling tightly to that promise and it seems that nothing can get me down, and then there those days when I completely forget it, and life throws some unexpected things my way, causing me to become discouraged.

Do you ever have days like that? What's the secret to avoiding them? It's simple. Stay in His presence.

Psalm 27:4 says "The one thing I ask of the Lord -the thing I seek most- is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple."

It's the most important thing! It ought to be on the top of our prayer list. We should pray fervently, "Lord, keep me always in Your presence. Don't let me step out of Your presence even for a minute!"

This doesn't mean that we are to be on our knees 24/7, it means that we are walking in dependence on Him, moment by moment, talking with Him about situations, asking Him for advice, letting Him amaze you with His incredible wisdom, letting Him guide you along in your day, letting Him take part in everything you do! That's what I'm talking about!

Do you know what the promise is? If you stay in God's presence the next two verses say that "He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Then I will hold my head high above my enemies who surround me. At His sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the Lord with music." (Psalm 27:5-6)

What does this have to do with everything working together for good? Later in the chapter, the psalmist says something incredibly amazing.

He says this: "Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." (Vs. 13-14)

You can't be confident in Him if you haven't seen Him as He is! He is trustworthy! And He has promised that all works together for good! Do not doubt Him. Stay in His presence and let Him give you the confidence that you WILL see His goodness, no matter what your situation is. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hay Thank you for this Sandie,
It was a great help to me, I have been struggling with clinging to that very promise. God is good though and has brought me out of the hard time and has lifted up. "ALL things work together for good to those who love Him and are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28). God does do this for all those who trust him and believe this promise and put it into practice all the time, which is easier said then done.

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure