Strength

 It is strength to believe you have something to give, as long as you remember where that something is coming from. 


It is strength to have confidence that you can be of service to others, even when shame shouts at you and tells you you are worthless. 


When all you seem to have done is failed, it is strength -His strength in you- to rise up and act in love toward others. 


Shame may tell you to get out of the race, but God tells you, “get up, My child, and start running again.” 


It is strength to acknowledge weakness, but stand up in confidence that God’s strength hasn’t failed yet, nor ever will. 


It is strength to acknowledge wrongs done and failures and receive Gods forgiveness while declaring, “but I can do all things through Christ, so I refuse to give up.” 


It is not always proud to be confident. 


The humble have lost confidence in themselves, while gaining strong confidence toward God and who He has declared them to be. 


Weakness isn’t always what humanity deems it to be. 


Perhaps the greatest weakness is the denial of the fact that we need God, and a seemingly unshakeable confidence in oneself. 


And perhaps the greatest strength is the humble acknowledgement that apart from Christ, I can do nothing, but in Him, all things are possible.


Because, Apart from Christ, I have nothing to offer to this broken world, and I will fail. 


But in Christ? 


Oh, in Him I’m righteous, for He made it possible through the cross. 


In Him I am more than a conqueror, for He loved me enough to give me part in His victory. 


In Him, I have all of my needs supplied according to His riches in Christ Jesus. 


And if that isn’t grounds for humble, shameless confidence, I don’t know what is. 


Yes, it is strength to believe that despite what I appear to be in this world, despite my failures and shortcomings, I have something to give -because I always have access to Jesus. 


And He is the answer to every need we will ever encounter. 


“…So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” 

2 Corinthians 12:9


#inourweaknessheisstrong #godsunlimitedpower #2corinthian129


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Every Girl's Battle