One Simple Gift; One Big Purpose

As I approached Him, I held in my hand everything that belonged to me. At first, I was doubtful as to whether or not this was a good idea. Give Him everything? What would He do with it? Could I trust Him? I grasped it tightly as every step I took brought me closer to the Throne of Grace.

And then that battle took place.

"Do you really want to give it to Him?" A voice inside my head seamed to ask. 

"Well..." I searched for an answer. I knew it was the right thing to do, but doing it was getting harder and harder.


"You'll be giving up everything you ever knew, only to have what? Just Him." The voice whispered eerily into my ear.

"I will give it anyway," I resolved.  Besides, wasn't having Jesus my desire? "After all, He promised He would never leave me nor forsake me."

As I knelt there, placing everything on the altar, I looked up to see that He was there looking at me intently. His eyes seamed to pierce into the depths of my soul. He knew the battle that was taking place inside, and yet, there was no condemnation in His eyes. He just looked at me. 

I then bowed low before Him, waiting, I'm not sure for what. For a moment, He and I just looked deep into each others' eyes. He smiled at me -it was a kind smile, and almost excited smile, as if He knew something that I did not, but was relieved that very soon I would know. 

At that moment, I took my hands off of it -off of everything I owned, off of my life. And bowed my face to the ground. I heard Him get up from His throne... No... He wasn't going to touch it, was He? The filth from the world was too good for His pure hands to touch. I looked up to see that He was picking it up off the altar and looking at it.

It looked so small and useless next to His glorious presence -so small in fact, that my heart sank. I thought I was giving Him a huge gift, as huge as I possibly could, yet it appeared to be so small next to Him. I felt my heart break within me and I began to cry.... Why couldn't I give Him more? I couldn't stop the flow of tears and I buried my head in my hands.

But then I heard His kind voice speak gently to me. "This, my child, is the best gift you have ever given to Me. Although it looks like a broken, dirty little thing, I will take it and make it beautiful, fit for My use. No, in and of yourself, this is impossible, but with Me, all things are possible. Those who give up all for Me will be given back many times over in ways they never imagined. Seek My kingdom first, and my righteousness, and everything will be taken care of for you." 

I could not believe my ears, and yet I knew He meant what He said... And from that moment on I knew that He was in control, that my life was not about to be wasted away, but it was going to be transformed by One who knows how!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure